The community of the Department of Architecture can be divided in several groups: students, professors, scientific staff, and technical and administrative staff. The scientific staff, also often referred to as Mittelbau, counts about 400 persons. It consists of all the assistants, doctoral students, postdoctoral researchers, lecturers, and all other scientific staff at the department, excluding professors.
The AAA – what it is
AAA stands for Association of Assistants at the Department of Architecture. The association is the representative body of the entire scientific staff at the department. Anyone from the scientific staff is automatically a member of the AAA.
The AAA – what it does
The AAA works in its interests in different commissions and initiatives. In general, our president is the delegated person representing us at the Department Committee [Departementsausschuss], the strategic body of our Department. We are the voice for your concerns and we always try to reach our aim through a constructive dialog between professors, students and ourselves.
What you can do
If you belong to the scientific staff of the department, you are automatically a member of the AAA, thereby you can:
- Run for:
- Board member
- Delegate for the Department Conference [Departmentskonferenz] (20+3 members)
- Delegate for the Curriculum Commission [Unterrichtskommission] (4 members)
- Take part in the different working groups
- Take initiatives for the interest of the scientific staff
- And you can get support in issues you’re faced with as individual of the scientific staff – get in touch anytime.